Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Just a minute on health care

The health care debate is a serious issue. As usual, unfortunately, the liberals do not want an honest debate. Rather than discuss Obamacare, they choose to call everyday citizens names and ignore their questions.

Here is something I would like the fans of President Barry to consider. In February of 2009, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) said that the president's budget would add an additional two trillion dollars to the national deficit that the president had missed. Two trillion dollars. I don't care who you are, that's a lot of money. The president said that the CBO was wrong, that THEY had "miscalculated". Fast forward to this August and it turns out that the CBO was right on the money.

Now lets look at health care. The CBO says that Obamacare is unsustainable and will further add to the deficit, again to the tune of trillions. Again, President Teleprompter is saying the CBO is wrong. Do you see a pattern emerging?

Look there is no arguing that we need to reform the health care industry. I'm all for helping people who can't afford health care. I'm vastly opposed to giving up mine to help people who can afford it but make other choices and that's more than 75% of the 45 million this administration keeps talking about.

Comrade Stalin, er, President Obama, is in over his head. Let's be honest, this guy couldn't understand the balance sheet of a seven-year-old's lemonade stand. Why should we give him control of one-sixth of the economy?

3 comments:

Kymical Reactions said...

I suppose I'm hoping if I ignore this problem long enough, it will just go away. Who am I kidding? That hasn't worked for me yet.

Pam said...

I have a concern about certain things over and above your issues, with which I agree. I have to take a certain supplement since I have no thyroid due to cancer. I have been on a natural product made from the animal kingdom. Rumors are circulating that this drug, which has been on the market for over 100 years, is endangered and I will no longer have the choice to take this drug or its synthetic counterpart. Being dictated as to HOW you can be treated -- that's my concern.

Milk River Madman said...

Kym, I share those sentiments as well. I am embarassed that one of my Senators is the driving force. He wants this as his "legacy". Why can politicians just take care of the people who elected them instead of being concerned with their own list of accomplishments.

Pam, of all the concerns that is my biggest as well. How I can be treated and by whom? Like my buddy Mark says, "when you're having open heart surgery, do you want the best guy you can get?"