Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Movie Clip Wednesday "Favorite TV show to the Big Screen"


OK I'll try not to waste any time.  Boxer is swamped and I'm trying to keep myself entertained and MCW going in her stead.  So this week's choice was favorite TV show on the big screen and mine is without a doubt The Brady Bunch.    Just absolute mocking of the late 60's and early 70's classic.  Gary Cole as Mike Brady and Shelley Long as Carol were absolutely spot on.  I actually thought I was watching Robert Reed and Flo Henderson.  I couldn't find a short clip (who knew)  but this one had what I wanted and its in the very begining.  The first three minutes are pee your pants funny and if you can make it through the entire thing than rock on.  So many episodes from the show combined into the movie.  I went to this with Uncle Scooter's wife and Malta alum Bernie.  I think Scotty might have been there as well.  Bernie and I also went to the 20th anniversary of Grease together. 

Anyway.  I laughed my ass off especially when Mike is on the phone and when he's giving Jan advice.  There were some other good shows to choose from out there but not going to say what they are so as not to potentially blog jinx anyone.   Mike's plaid jacket and polka shirt are the bomb.  The 5:23 mark has a great line.  "Blue skies, clean living, Osmonds."  My stomach hurts.  Look at the chalkboard.  Hysterical.  Happy MCW!!

6 comments:

5Wood said...

The Brady Bunch, seems like a reach there!! My first thought was "Maverick" even though it has Mel Gibson in it. But after much consideration it has to be "Batman" Micheal Keaton and Jack Nicholson were great and I still watch it anytime I come across it.

Jenny said...

bwahahahaha. I also went with something from the 1960's, but it's reversed: FILM to TV. Anyway, I grew up on the Brady Bunch.

I'm up with;

THE GHOST AND MR. MUIR.

Princess said...

Hi MRM,
Yabbadabba dooo....

I liked the tv show and the movie of the bradys, but the recent remakes were hilarious...

Happy MCW..
Oh hi Boxer...

Buzz Kill said...

The Brady Bunch movies wre hysterical. I liked the whole 60s family living in the 90s concept. And the Greg/Marsha sexual tension that you just know was there in the original series. Bwahahaha I think you're going to get a lot of variety this week.

I'm up at the Buzzkill with my selection, and surely I can't be serious? I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

I'll be around tonight to see visit everyone.

Happy MCW!

Joanna Cake said...

I loved the Brady Bunch as a kid but havent seen the movie... sounds like it should be a blast.

Like 5Wood, I'm a great Batman fan and I loved Jack Nicholson as the joker too.

Now I know that everyone just thinks I'll go with Star Trek, but I have something very different :)

Buzz Kill said...

Hey Madman, are you naming a theme for next week? I like to do my research on the weekend.