Friday, April 3, 2009

Maybe April will be better.

I haven't been much of a blogger the last couple of weeks. Had to use a lot of vacation time as our vacation calendar is quite strange here at the salt mine. Between being gone, trying to catch up when I'm back and this flipping weather, I haven't had much ambition to just sit and write. I have a couple of things in the hopper though. Should have a little St. Mary's story (Darrell and me being nasty), another Ralph adventure, working on some random thoughts and some commentary on the man who will be remembered for destroying America, otherwise known as Barry Obama.

In the meantime, I'll post some funny pictures and go from there. I have the city league pool tournament this weekend. As we have no chance of winning (none, zero, zilch, nada) I hope we get our asses handed to us early so that I can relax the rest of the weekend. On the other hand, it snowed last night, its 29 outside, I can't play golf so I just as well play pool and drink beer. I'm a better pool player than golfer anyway. I do need to swing a club soon though. Heading to Sheridan for the Masters with The Prodigy. We haven't missed a Masters together since Norman's collapse in 1996. Get to see his lovely wife and his daughter is 7 months old on Saturday. She's a mere 2 1/2 years away from lhaving me teach her how to spit and bait a hook. My goal is to get Hannah and Danika (adopted sister's daughter) sent to the Principal's office once a week for questioning why teachers are talking politics instead of teaching them how to read and write. Hell, if TP keeps doing as well as he is, he can hire me to be The Bean's private teacher. I like that idea. I like it a lot.

So, maybe I'll be a better blogger. Maybe I won't. Working on a couple of other stories from my youth. If I like the way they come out, I might put them up as well.

No comments: