Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where ya been? Whatcha doin?

"Hectic" would be an understatement. "Swamped" not quite, but close.  The transition for me so far has been quite easy. Still selling construction equipment and having a blast turning a lot of old gear loose.  As far as the rest of the old ABC crew goes they are adjusting pretty well. Still some humps but then it's only been 20 days.  Between work, getting ready for travelling and trying to keep my house in some semblance of order, my waking hours are completely filled.

I still don't have a real job description but plenty of tasks to complete and loving the challenge.  Titan bought me a new Dodge Ram and it's mine to drive five days a week.  A completely different expense account, which is great and some big goals to try to hit. With their resources I'm not at all worried.  I have the entire state of Montana and western North Dakota as my territory so driving many miles is a big part. For those of you in the eastern part of the U.S. let me tell you how big the states are out here, just to put it in perspective.  Bozeman to Fargo (or as I like to call it "Corporate Headquarters" it sounds so much more glamorous than "Fargo") is 750 miles. I cross ONE state line. One.  It's big country. Montana is the fourth largest state in the union and we only have a million people. 

There will be many miles of driving but the cool thing is this, I have family and friends in every big town in the state and many friends at virtually every town of significant size otherwise.  This job will give me the opportunity to see them as well a great chance to prosper beyond what I was doing.  This isn't to say I wasn't doing well with my former employer.  Everything I have is because of him.  No, this just gives me a chance to improve on what I've learned and use my experience to go forward.

I do need to get back in the gym.  I'm to wound up at the end of the day and need to have something to take that off.  Did have dinner with a woman in Sheridan when I saw The Prodigy.  It went well I think.  She was prettier in real life than her photos, which were really good, so I might have been a little nervous.

It reminds me of a conversation I had years ago.  I was in charge of advertising and a sales lady from one of the local radio stations was calling on me.  She pitched her package and I told her I would look it over and get back to her.  She was a lady about ten years older than me and very attractive.  We get done talking and she said to me "Chip, are you intimidated by me?"  I looked her right in the eye and said "Kay, I'm only intimidated by women I'm sleeping with."  Good times.

Hope all is well.

Safe journeys and Happy Easter.

Chip

5 comments:

Buzz Kill said...

Well it sounds like you're coming out the other side of the company buyout intact. One piece of advice (for what it's worth) - get a job description from your supervisor as soon as you can. The Mrs just made that mistake 2 years ago when her company was bought. The result was (is) that she keeps getting loaded down with more and more work. She works 60+ hours a week, weeknights until 11:00PM and weekends. At first she considered herself lucky to have a job, but now she is burning out quickly and it's affecting our home life - big time. Just saying.

You and Troll seem to be rolling with the ladies lately. Good for you. I liked your intimidation story.

And I hope your company gave you a gas card with that Ram. Good luck with your travels.

Pam said...

Am so glad for you, this sounds like a great opportunity in so very many ways. Buzzy gives good advice methinks.

chickory said...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD will you please start taking some photos. you can shoot and drive i do it all the time. show us this big country. the weird landscapes or small town stuff. your gig is ripe for exploiting for the blog. funny what you told the sales gal!

im really happy for you. im sure you will meet your goals.

fishy said...

Seriously Madman,
I am with Chickory on the photo ops. I do like reading your descriptions of vast open countryside but I am also very VISUAL.

Soooo glad the buy out has been a boost for you.

Unsolicited dating advice:
Never go on a date to do nothing but drink, eat and search for common interests. Invite your dates to DO SOMETHING; ride a horse, go to a ball game, shoot pool, attend a play, go to a street festival, an art opening, a rodeo or a kite flying demonstration.

Blessings on your Easter.

Milk River Madman said...

BK,
That is sound advice and I will follow it promptly.Great words.

Pam,
Thanks.

Chickory,
I'll start keeping the camera handy.

Fishy,
That's good advice that I will follow. Find and activity and do it. Women know women. Especially at this stage.