Friday, March 25, 2011

Ralph, you are the best.

Ralph sent me this CSN song,  You fucking ass. Why? Why would you send this to me?  At our stage in life, this song rings volumes. To hell with your incitfuelness. Be damned with your appreciation of lyrics. I hate you with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns for reminiding me of our impending mortality. Damn you Ralph. I never want this to end and yet you keep reminding me that it will.

I don't hate you, you miserable Notre Dame/Red Sox loving fuck (was going to say "homo" or "faggot" but we live in a politically correct world, so calling him a "fuck" is as good as I can do. We grew up at Catholic school so those terms were completely acceptable at the time. I still use them. No offense intended.)

Very few of you can relate to how much love I have for him, or maybe you can, that would be great. I'm 48. He's been my best friend for 44 of those years.  Every post I write about Malta, I write for Ralph. He has been there for all of them. Now he sends me this video.  Fuck off Ralph. Quit making me cry.  This is a song about three buddies. God, how you make me mad. None of this is to imply we have a "different" relationship. Just for the record. We both love women. Despite what you may have read into the "waterbed" statement. We are very much straight. 

Here's the deal for all of you bloggers. Ralph is the complete salt of the earth. He is a man that if you met him would say to yourself  "what a great guy". The fact that I've had this great friendship for 44 years just gives me the right to call him out and say "fuck off" for this video.  See you in July Ghoulies.  Words cannot even begin to describe how much I miss you. And Skeets, and Delmer, and Adrian, and Ernie, much less brother Bill.

Here's a cool thing. Tomorrow night, Ralph (in Carson City, NV) and Delmer (in Malta you lucky fucker) and MRM will be all on the Skype.  Drinking beer and bullshitting like old times. God I love the 21st century.





Am I back? Maybe. No alliteration though. For all of you keeping track.

7 comments:

Ralph said...

Yes it is true I am a Notre Dame/Redsox lover with a soft spot for song lyrics that I can really relate to. Thanks Chip! I too can't wait until this summer. This song just really speaks to me as I am approaching 50. But no matter how much time I feel I have wasted and all the other things I have screwed up, I came away with friends like Chip and the rest of our gang and they are worth more than anything else to me.

Princess said...

There is some great sentiment in that song. I'm turning 49 this year in June.
I think that we are closing in on 50 we start reflecting on our lives, the good the bad and the ugly. I give you guys kudos for maintaining your friendships for so many years.

And ....Who knew Ralph was a Paris Monk that wears Red Sox? Tres Chic....

Only Joking Madman... Apologies to Raph...

Seriously... enduring lifetime friendships are truly a thing to be cherished...

Milk River Madman said...

Ralph,
We'll talk later.

Princess,
God how you are funny. I'm the oldest of the gang. Turned 48 in February. Ralph, Jimmy and Shoey all have birhtday's in June. 30th, 12th and 7th respectfully.

Describing this bond we have had for this long is beyond me. To call it "friendship" does not even begin to do it justice.

moi said...

As the lone female here, I'm just going to tip toe quietly on outta here . . . forget I even dropped by . . .

Milk River Madman said...

Moi,
No. Stay for a bit. We'd love to have you here. Don't let my whiskey induced posting have any effect on your clear thinking.

Jenny said...

Whow, there's a whole lotta Testosterone going on here. :-)

Do you know what I love about men? They can tell their oldest, dearest friend; "I hate you, fuck off" and that means "I love you man!!!"

ahahahahahah.

Milk River Madman said...

Boxer,
Yes we do. It's so subtle.