Monday, December 29, 2008

For The Love Of God!!!

Are you shitting me! There are fans out there (Who post under the login "Anonymous" I might add..) who think this Bowl win for Notre Dame is something to comment upon?

IT WAS THE SHERATON HAWAII BOWL...

For God Sakes, this is the most storied program in the history of Collegiate Athletics, the same storied program that happened to beat just their 2nd Bowl eligible opponent of the year. The other being Navy but we've gone there already, for a crowd pleasing 7-7 record.


I think the Packers Head Coach's comments following the win over the 0-16 Lions might be more appropriate:
“I want to politely try to avoid the question here. That’s tough. That’s a tough deal.”


Hey man, if you ND Fans out there can get excited about winning the Hawaii Bowl, I'm happy for ya! But let's establish one thing for certain... Winning the Hawaii Bowl and the excitement it's created is a very clear representation of the State of the Football Program at Notre Dame.

Oh how I long for the arrogance of Notre Dame's past, they used to decline these insignificant Bowls and their petty offerings...


Rally sons of Notre Dame
Sing her glory and sound her fame
Raise her Gold and Blue
And cheer with voices true:
Rah, rah, for Notre Dame
We will fight in every game,
Strong of heart and true to her name
We will ne'er forget her
And will cheer her ever
Loyal to Notre Dame.

Cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame,
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send a volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky!
What though the odds be great or small,
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to victory!



Rock on Brothers... Rock on!

2 comments:

Milk River Madman said...

Good work my young apprentice. But from every gray sky we must find the silver lining and in this case it is that JT recommended our blog to a friend who took time to look for a post. I feel bad about not having something up here earlier but by the time the game came on I was on my 8th Tom and Jerry at the Mint Bar.

I hope anonymous will post another comment and continue to read.

Milk River Madman said...

JT, where the hell are you? The Prodigy makes a post and makes a complete mockery of the football program that used to be Notre Dame and you have nothing. I'm Crowned upped and disappointed. Happy New Year anyway.