Saturday, March 3, 2012

You're State Champs are.............

The Malta Mustangs!!! 67-62.  A great title game.  I honestly feel bad that Manhattan lost because they are a great team.  What sucks for them is that their three losses this season are in the last three tournaments, all in title games.  Gotta hurt. They say that defense wins championships and tonight was the proof.  Malta was down five at half and put the full court press on in the second half.  Manhattan had trouble breaking it all night and couldn't find their half court offense.  Malta created some great turnovers and played their half court offense almost perfect.  If these teams met nine more times I think it would be 5 and 5. 

Next week the girls basketball team goes for the third title in six years.  I know that you are all on the edge of your seat to find out how they do.

Love my Malta teams.

4 comments:

Greg Smith said...

Chipper, love reading your updates. You have a great way with your words!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Chip for the score updates via text. Its been a few years since I've been in Bozeman for a BB tourney but felt like I was right there last night. Anyone seen Doucette, Henry and my car??
James Stan

Jerry said...

Congrats to the Malta Mustangs Chipper somehow I knew you might be following your team. Also I am proud of my team the Billings Central Rams who took down the Laurel Locos for 3rd in the State A after losing 3 games prior to this game.
Jerry

Milk River Madman said...

Greg,
Thanks for the kind words. I'm wish your intro at the reunion would have been on tape.

JS3,
I've seen Doucette and Henry but not your car. Remember that old rancher who had breakfast with us at the tourney back here in 1984? He was a gem.

Jerry,
Congrats to the Rams. I don't have a soft spot in my heart for Laurel but do like it when the Catholics do well.