Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Aaah, vacation. I deserve it.

As a few of you know, I'm heading to St. George, Utah, a golf mecca, ( was that too many commas?) for a golf weekend. Much deserved from my standpoint.

I haven't played there since the late 80's.  I was going to go to Phoenix but I'll keep this short. A couple of other people became involved and so St. George it is.  One of the guys was a golf superintent there and we supposedly are going to have cheap golf. I say "supposedly" because he bailed. He was our in!  Now he's not coming along? He made all the tee times so I hope he has some pull.  Otherwise, well, I'll be a little bent.

Here's the deal. When I travel, one of the things required is that my hotel has a bar. Of the 32 hotels in St. George, none have a lounge. You read that right. Zero bars in any hotel. I can handle that if the golf is still discounted. If it's not, then Mike will have a lot to answer for. Like and old fashioned St. Mary's "meet you at the flagpole" beating.

It's in the heart of Mormon country I know. But really? Not one lounge in a hotel? I thought we lived in America.

My gear is packed.  My work is done.  Tomorrow will be like a paid day off.  We leave at 4 PM. I've said it before and I'll say it again, everyone should work with my on Friday. I can't be brought down. If you think that is good, work with me on the day before I leave for vacation. I'm happier than an albino in the shade. Or as Jimmy says "happier than a dog with two peters."  Just happy.

Safe journeys to you (and to me) til then.

Chip

1 comment:

Pam said...

Enjoy enjoy. As much as one can enjoy silly golf. NOT playing golf is how I rebelled in my family.