Things that crossed my mind back in August when I missed a connecting flight. Written while in flight on the plane. I was lucky enough to get one to come home.
1) Vodka and Crown aren't usually a good mix. However, when you miss one flight and get lucky to find another, sometimes you have to roll the dice with Finlander on the plane.
2) If you get a chance to go to Rhinelander WI, fly to Minneapolis and drive the rest of the way.
3) I met a guy in Rock Springs, WY who has a sister in Billings, MT and is single. She owns a resort in Belize. Ellis "I think I have a picture of her on my phone somewhere." Me "I don't need one. I've heard enough."
4) I'm out of shape. I ran through the Minneapolis airport from gate A4 to E10 just in time to see my plane backing away from the gate. I didn't puke but do think I pulled a hammy.
5) I don't mind flying but hate even a hint of turbulence. I need to get right with God.
6) Have a seat next to a really hot lady. Probably 25 or so. Where was this 20 years ago? I don't ask for much.
7) Met some nice guys in Rhinelander. The training facility that Case Construction has is beyond phenomenal. I've never been to any sales training before. Ever. Like Ferris Bueller said when he is playing the clarinet (horribly) "not one lesson."
8) I hate to admit it but my 40's have been awesome. I used to think that 28 was my favorite age but now I'd have to go with 44. A great year for me all around. And it's Hank Aaron's number so I have that going for me. Which is nice.
9) Had lunch with the National Accounts Manager Saturday (remember I
wrote this in August) He's the guy I did my huge sale with after the
acquisition. He stayed in Bozeman an extra day just so we could meet and
have lunch. He gave me great advice (which I've used immensely since
then) and I'm way energized now. I picked up lunch. He didn't even try
to argue with me. I mean c'mon!! Your the National Accounts Manager. At
10) Here's my deal with that. In the course of this sale, I was in the VP's office when he was talking to Gery (yes with an "e" not his fault) and the VP said if the sale took place outside of our territory, we get and additional % on the sale which was significant. I reminded Gery of this and asked him to verify. He had forgotten all about it. It made us both more money. I'm not saying he owes me, after all he had the buyer, just reach for the tab. Give it an effort.
11) None of you have a sister who is single? Really?
12) When I go to Hawaii in January, I'm flying first class. Edit: I'm not going to Hawaii. My Mom turned 80 in November and we had a big blowout in Phoenix over New Year's for her. All of her kids and grandkids were there. At the last minute I offered to fly her five sisters down for the party. Three of them took me up on it. Best money I've ever spent. And, I vaulted into "All Time Favorite Nephew" status. Hard to do when you have 34 first cousins. Ralph, this does not mean for one second we aren't going to Cooperstown this year so for God sake get your shit together. Just for once.
13) I'm glad I found this. Wrote it in a little notebook I seldom use. Came across it yesterday.
14) The Prodigy had to put down his beloved black lab Hogan yesterday. He was 13. A great gentle beast and one of my dog's best friends. He was 120 pounds and not a mean bone. When I would bring Sloan to Sheridan, Hogan always let her rule the roost. Sleep well Hogan. You have a friend at the Rainbow Bridge who is lonely. You both have someone to play with until TP and I get there. Be patient though doggers. It will be a while.