Saturday, February 26, 2011

No Gary Morris, but it was worth it.

So I posted yesterday that I was going to see Gary Morris tonight but I went to Emigrant to meet a couple of guys who work for money men. The first guy works for the owner of Cummins Diesel huge property with a lot of things to come. The second was for a golf course that Arthur Blank is building. Blank is the owner of the Atlanta Falcons.  My good friend Tommy G is in with both of the decision makers and these guys love Tom.  Both meetings went better than I imagined and the amount of equipment I think I will rent will make my check signer very happy ( though I'm on the account and can sign my own paychecks, it still isn't my money).  Got back to late to see Gary but business and work comes first in these times.  That's just how it goes.  I'm not unhappy about it at all.  Would have been nice to do both but the feeling I left both meetings with is that I am in and they liked me.  Mostly because they like Tom a lot.  One of those, if Tom likes this guy he must be good. So, hooray!

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Congrats on the great business contact. Sorry you did not get to see Gary, I am sure he was great, but me singing it around the fire will just have to do. My voice and his are a pretty good match anyway.