Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Just a little on health care.

The way this bill has said to be funded is through Medicare waste (oh really, there's waste in Medicare? Whoda thunk?) and taxes on insurance companies.  The bill at my last local rag update is said to cost 1.1 TRILLION dollars.  1/2 trillion from M and the rest basically from insurance taxes.The CBO or the GAO, I can't remember which, has said the plan will work if this happens.  That's a big fucking IF in my book.

So lets look at it this way.  If congress doesn't take the money from M, which I don't believe they will, then where's that money going to come from?  If this extreme amount of over-taxation on the insurance companies drives the vast majority of them out of business, which I believe it will, where's that money going to come from? Anyone, and I do mean anyone, who believes this plan as put before congress, is going to make insurance affordable for everyone AND that middle class America will not see a tax increase so large to even comprehend, is too stupid to live. 

Just sayin.

2 comments:

Tanaya said...

I was watching cspan (yeah, I know I am big dork)a while ago and a representative from Texas was comparing the proposed health care bill to flood insurance. It used to be that private insurance companies offered flood coverage, but after years of competing with the federal flood insurance program that could operate in the red indefinitely, they all stopped. Now, the only place you can get flood insurance is through the feds...and you only get $250,000 max coverage for a HUGE premium. Tell me that won't happen with health insurance.

Milk River Madman said...

Tanaya,

If I told you that won't happen in health insurance, I would be a big fat liar.