Friday, December 3, 2010

One game at a time.

I have a random thoughts I worked on last night and will post that later, until then you have to hear about the MSU Bobcats.  Hopefully for a few more weeks.

Your Montana State Bobcats begin their quest for their fourth national championship tomorrow when the North Dakota State Bison (they pronounce it BY-zun) come to town. It's the first home playoff game for the Cats since 2006.  As you can imagine, I'm pretty excited.  We had 8 inches of snow last night.   Kick off is slated for 12 PM  MST.

I watched NDSU last week.  They are big up front on both sides of the ball.  Their defense is very stout and is the reason they are in the playoffs.  It will taken a very well executed game tomorrow for the Cats to win.  We have a big advantage at quarterback in Denarius McGhee.  He was the Big Sky Conference's offensive player of the year and is one of 20 finalists for the Peyton Award, given annually to the best offensive player at the FCS level (formally Division I-AA).  Did I mention that he is also a straight A student?  Did I also mention that he is a redshirt FRESHMAN?!

Anyway, I have snow to plow and house to clean for company coming for the game.  Below are two videos.  The first is a little montage done by an MSU student with some highlights from the season.  This kid has posted several of these and does great work.

The second is an interview with the fine young man I just mentioned.  If you have a few minutes, watch this.  There is no way you can't like this kid.  He's from Dallas, TX living in Montana and loving every minute of it. At about the 2:10 mark of the video a reporter tell's Denarius he's been named BSC Offensive Player of the Year.  Watch this kid's reaction.  How can you not like him? If he was 6'2" tall he'd be in the Big 12 somewhere.  I'm so glad he's only 5'11".  So is the rest of Bobcat Nation.

Supposed to be 31F at kickoff tomorrow.  SUHWHEET!!  The game will be broadcast on Altitude if you happen to get that channel.  If I can find where to stream it on the NCAA's website, I'll put that up in my random thoughts.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great clip. I like the kid. Reminds me a bit of Danny Wuerffel in that he gets the most out of the ability he has and is a good student.

I'd take him over tall quarterbacks who are lazy thugs.