Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's still painful

Last week's 23-10 loss to the Lumberjokes of Northern Arizona is still bitter. The Cats moved the ball all over the place in the first half and then came out in the second half and sat on their hands. I would rather have watched my nieces play chutes and ladders than the football I witnessed last Saturday afternoon.

Most people are still claiming that the Cats have a tough defense. Really? Is that why they had another quarterback throw for almost 400 yards. Rushing four guys straight up and playing the ice cream soft defense in the middle while your corners start so far off the line they aren't even in the camera view half the time isn't what I call a stiff defense. The offensive play calling has become so predictable that I almost know what plays are coming.

Sorry folks but I am more than a little pissed off. This team hasn't come from behind at halftime under Ash in the last 1 1/2 season. Read that again. If the Cats are losing at halftime, they lose. Period. This trend needs to change. I'm also getting sick of the excuses I'm hearing. Look, I like Coach Ash and what he has done has been pretty good all things considered, but I want to see more and I want to see it now. 6-5 or 7-4 every year isn't going to keep you around long. Ash has maybe two more years after this one to show the fan base that he can coach in this conference.

This week the South Dakota Coyotes come to town. I expect nothing short of a 20 point victory. Anything else will be considered a loss by me. They will be lucky to be 6-5 if they don't elevate their game. Not a lot of optimism after this weekend for me.

Chiefs vs Redskins. Forecast for this game is horrible football.

I'm ecstatic that the Red Sox are out of the playoffs. It used to be fun to root against them. i would watch Ralph drink himself to Bolivian, softly smiling outside, high fiving myself inside. Then Boston won a title and every where you looked there were Red Sox fans, claiming to have been fans all the while. And they all hate the Yankees. Hate them. Yet none of these "lifelong fans" can even tell you the story of the history of why the Yankees are the greatest team in all of sports and the Red Sox aren't even in the top 10. Now, thanks to my LA Angels, I don't have to listen to these ignorant bastards. It used to be fun rooting against the Sox, now it's like a job.

The good news is that now that the Sox (and Twins) are out of the playoffs, baseball will be fun to watch and I can root against the Yankees. I can't do that when the Sox are in. Can't. Won't.

I hate the grizzlies and hope they lose. I will continue to DVR their games so that if they lose, I will have a fun game to watch.

Notre Dame has SC this weekend. I'm not feeling good for the Trojans this weekend. They don't have a real QB and have no real shot at the national championship. However, this will be the most speed ND has seen this year, especially on defense. Twill be interesting. Honestly, I think that SC wins by 20+. Pete Carroll could spend the week in a meth house in Compton and still have his team better prepared than Charlie Weiss. Just sayin.

My sister is coming home for a visit. She usually flies into Billings and I'm lucky if we get to spend two days together. This year she is flying to Bozeman. Going to be here today, going to Yellowstone tomorrow, then the Cat game. Wait. There's been a little change, now she isn't getting here til tomorrow afternoon. No trip to the park. A full day of not being together. I even had the day off tomorrow. Good thing I didn't rearrange my schedule for her or anything. Of course it's not my style to bitch about this kind of thing. I mean, I'm using a full vacation day, had big plans where we I was taking her to dinner, that kind of thing. She doesn't think taking a day off from work is a big deal. Wait again. That's why she's waiting til Friday. Because of a little flight change she is now leaving Friday so SHE wouldn't have to miss a day of work. Good thing this trip isn't all about me.

Rush Limbaugh is not going to buy the Rams. I hope they end up in Mexico City. Or Canada. That's what the NFL deserves. I say this as a Rams fan.


Short today.

Go Cats.

6 comments:

h said...

Red Sox "fans" have taken to claiming there is a "Red Sox Nation". Hubris.

Kymical Reactions said...

he threw for 400 yards? Ouchie.

So I think that SC has a shot at beating ND. Pete Carroll has some sort of magic fairy dust he sprinkles on his players before games - because I've never seen such a team get so lucky.


Hello to Sister MRM.

Milk River Madman said...

CT, Their claims fall on deaf ears outside of Rhode Island.

Kym, They have been lucky as hell. I hope SC destroys the Irish. Sister is a huge ND fan. I'm the only member of the family who doesn't root for ND so I am an outcast. I can live with that.

Ralph said...

Just in case you all missed. Any of you routing for the Yankees should know that they outspent the Sox by 80 million this season, and the next closest team was 56 million below them. How can any one root for these pukes. Go Angles, Dodgers, and Phils.

Milk River Madman said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaw Ralphie, is him upset cause the Sox stunk in the playoffs? Maybe if they weren't so cheap, they could compete with the big bad Yankees. It was a good 4 year run but its over now.

wingaling said...

Jeez Honey, got scared. For a second I thought you said "Why I Root Against the Red WINGS".
L