Tuesday, October 28, 2008

movie review "The Zodiac"

The Zodiac was just starting. Good flick. Intense, an actual good script. It was three hours long which sucked but the mark of how good this movie is, is the fact that I sat up and watched it until 3 in the morning and I've looked for it again.

This does raise the question of why does Hollywood make every movie so bloody long? The Godfather wasn't long enough but most movies take way to long to watch. My theory is that Hollywood knows most of what they are making is total crap and they think by making them longer that at least you are getting your money's worth. I think its three hours of my life that I can't get back. Unless it's Supertroopers. Then it ended way to soon. If you can't get it done in two hours, then take out a couple of the bullshit love scenes (see The Departed).

The point of how uncreative Hollywood has become is reflected in the movies they are making. Remakes of movies that aren't even 20 years old or of classics that they can't in anyway make better. I'll write about my hate for sequels of crummy movies at a later time but trust me when I say I'm not a big fan of those either. Honestly, did we really need Oceans Thirteen? I mean how many times do we have to watch these guys ripoff Vegas? What's Clooney trying to do? Make as many of these as there are Police Academy? I think he wears a piece.

Time to finish this drink and catch South Park.

No comments: