Thursday, July 21, 2011

Some thoughts from my reunion

Wow, am I out of touch or did blogger really change?  It's taken me ten minutes to figure out how to make a new post.  I guess that's what I get for being a crummy poster.

My reunion was awesome as I knew it would be.  So many people showed up. Close 39 or 40 of the surviving 60 of 62.  I was thrilled and honored to be able to share a few words with these people that mean so much to me.


I think my speech went alright.  The introduction that Greg gave me was beyond phenomenal.  He set the bar very high and I wish it had been recorded.  Such kind words.  I can hardly wait to se him again at Rocking the Rivers.  I would link it but don't know how on this format. (Honestly, I don't have a tool bar or anything that looks remotely familiar.  I guess I'll have to to some research.  Anyway, here's my presentation to my lifelong friends.  I hope you like it.








EDITL OK, maybe I just found the tool bar but the video must be to new because it still isn't showing up. Regardless, I hate the new format.  "Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn"  God how I hate being old and grumpy.

5 comments:

sparringK9 said...

it was good! I loved that bit about how some administrator didnt wash his care walk the dog or mow his lawn because yall were a bunch of brown nosers. grrherhahhahaha. you gotta be from Malta to really appreciate the speech but the laughter in the room earns you a gold star.

Milk River Madman said...

K9,
I loved that line myself. It was the head football coach I was talking about. But your point is well taken. I just hoped it washed out. I hope that it meant something. I think it did. It was very humbling for me and it was a very proud moment for me. They all do mean so much to me.

Milk River Madman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karl said...

Good morning MRM,

Good job, you handle yourself well in front of a crowd. It was an enjoyable speech even for someone not from Malta

Milk River Madman said...

Thank you Karl. That's high praise as it was for such a specific audience. It means a lot.